Emily and Phoebe

Friday, May 04, 2007

What did I do to deserve that?

I struggle in through the door, kids in tow, and begin setting down the shopping and their bags (we have been to the supermarket on the way home from school). As I bend forward, Emily's schoolbag slips off my shoulder and lands squarely on my foot. It is very heavy.

"Oh dear, that hurt!"* I say calmly**.

"Serves you right!" says Phoebe.

Eh?**



* Or words to that effect.
** Perhaps not all that calmly
** Phoebe later explains that she didn't actually intend to say "Serves you right". However, she was very happy because she herself had caused the bag to land on my foot using her Magic Eyes, and so her exclamation was meant to have more of a "Yessssss" quality about it.
So that's alright then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home