Emily and Phoebe

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Murder

Emily: Dad, I've noticed something. A lot of the television news programmes have horrible stories about crimes and murders and things like that.

Me: You're right, darling, especially on the trashier channels. But what they show isn't always news. Much of the time it's just stories about dreadful things that have happened.

Emily: But they're true, aren't they? I mean they're not made up.

Me: Yes I'm afraid they're true, darling.

Emily: Because there was this story about a man who killed his wife. It was terrible. I mean how could he do such a thing?

Me: I don't know, my love. [Sotto voce] Maybe she became addicted to facebook and youtube and one day he just snapped.

Emily: Dad! I'm going to tell Mum what you said!

Me: Snitch!

Emily: I'm going to tell her that, too!

[Discussion descends into general name-calling and threats...]

3 Comments:

Blogger Saigon & Baygon Inc. said...

Sweet. :-)
Here, check out our little shining star in his feeding chair... He didn't humour me and refused to say 'μαμά', but still it was a one-man-show!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzLrBNzGjf4

Saigon

11:57 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I'd love to see it, Saigon, but a notice comes up saying it's private. Does that mean it's password protected?

12:59 PM  
Blogger Saigon & Baygon Inc. said...

Sorry about that. You can check out the latest on my blog, though!

Saigon

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home