Emily and Phoebe

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Club

I go upstairs to find that the sofabed has been turned into a sort of den by being half unfolded and then topped with a duvet. I cannot see inside but there is a note balanced on it in Phoebe's handwriting:

"NO RULES

ANYWUN WHO WANTS TO COME

IS ALLOWDED

1. ONLY for readiNg
2. and bookmargs
3. quiet"

A reading club! My clever beautiful girls have formed a reading club! We will spend the summer sitting together and reading and I will make sure they never run out of books!

I lift up the duvet cover. Emily and Phoebe are sitting together, books beside them, playing Nintendo.

Ah well, one step at a time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous deviousdiva said...

Adorable !

Our job as parents seems to be flailing behind our little ones, hopelessly out of touch, trying to get one step ahead of them. Impossible, frustrating but not without it's own strange charm.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Nicely put. Certainly I feel as if I'm always playing catch-up and frequently having the wool pulled over my eyes...

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home