Emily and Phoebe

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rich man, poor man

Emily: Daddy, are you rich or poor?

My poor love. She has obviously heard all about the credit crunch and is concerned that we may be in dire financial straits. I must put her mind at rest.

Me: Well, my darling, I don't suppose I'm rich but I'm certainly not poor either, so there's no need to worry.

Emily: Oh, I'm not worried, Daddy. I was just wondering, if you die...

Me: What?!?

Emily: Sorry, when you die...

Me: What?!?

Emily: ...and people ask if you were rich or poor, what should I tell them?

Me: [A tad frostily, perhaps] Well firstly, I doubt if anyone will ask such a question, and secondly, you will certainly be too consumed by grief to answer, so I wouldn't dwell too much on the problem if I were you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home