Emily and Phoebe

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Getting the giggles

It is two o'clock in the morning and I am lying in bed when suddenly I hear a noise coming from the girls' bedroom.

What was that? It sounded like a -

"Hehehehehe!" There it is again. Someone's giggling!

"Girls?"

Nothing.

"Hehehehehe!" And there it is for a third time!

I'm not getting out of bed to check, but I reckon the sleepgiggler must be Emily (who has a history of sitting bolt upright in bed and spouting unintelligible nonsense before slumping back onto her pillow).

As for what is amusing her, I suspect it may have something to do with the fact that Nevi is sleeping very deeply. And snoring. Very loudly.*

I give Nevi a gentle nudge and she rolls over. The snoring stops. There is no more giggling.


* In the interests of balanced reporting, I note Nevi's categorical denial that she could possibly have been snoring ("I don't snore!!!") or that she has ever been involved in any snoring-related activity. (Not that I live in fear of reprisals, or anything...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home