Emily and Phoebe

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Letter to Father Christmas

I may occasionally give the impression in this blog that Emily has grumpy tendencies (hey, give me a break, what can I do?)

But she is also one of the most thoughtful and loving children imaginable. How about this for a letter from a seven-year-old to Father Christmas:

"Father Christmas, please bring my mummy a really lovely perfume, a big book in English for my daddy (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure), and 2 or 3 boxes of toy soldiers for my sister and me.

"[heart] Please, Father Christmas, do it for my family [heart]"

(By the way, please let me state in the firmest possible way that gifts this Christmas of toy soldiers will not be welcome. Phoebe and Emily are for some reason mad about them, and they have loads already, but we do not want to encourage a new obsession. Also, Emily has requested very specific toy soldiers from Santa, and if she doesn't get the right ones there will be extensive foot-stamping, face-contorting and snarling for us to deal with.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home