Emily and Phoebe

Friday, November 10, 2006

Goalie

Emily has been playing football in the park, where she was in goal.

"They didn't score once, Dad, it was great, I was jumping around and I stopped the ball with my hands and I stopped the ball with my feet and once I stopped the ball with my face and they didn't score and I'm the best termatofylakas - what do you call it it English? -"

"Goalkeeper"

"- the best goalkeeper. Am I a good goalkeeper Dad, am I good?

"Truly my darling, you are the Queen of Goalkeeping."

"Are you good at sport, Dad? Are you the King of Golf?"

Hmmm. What to say? Should I attempt to maintain her youthful delusion that Daddy is best at everything or introduce a note of realism? It's no contest really: the Truth will out.

"Sadly, my love, I am not even the Court Jester of Golf."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might have said that you share granddad Eric's talent for golf - that might have bought her off!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might have said that you share granddad Eric's talent for golf - that might have bought her off!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home