Emily and Phoebe

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Sad

[cont'd]

Emily: "Seriously though Dad, you never do anything that you want to do. You're always working or doing stuff for us."

Me: "That's not true darling. I do lots of things that I like. I read books, I listen to my ipod."

For some reason, the girls seem to find this screamingly funny.

Emily: [Recovering her composure] "Dad, prisoners are allowed to read books and listen to ipods - and they don't have to do all the other stuff that you do. Your life is just sad."

2 Comments:

Anonymous kat said...

Oh dear! When they grow up, they'll realize that even a half hour of quiet time or extra sleep is a luxury and not at all sad.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Extra sleep! Yes! I'm already looking forward to the Easter holidays when I won't have to get up early to take them to school and/or activities.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home