Emily and Phoebe

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Morning

As the weather gets colder it is becoming increasingly difficult to get the girls up in the morning. My new strategy is therefore to liven up the whole getting-out-of-bed experience with appropriately themed showtunes. Yes! Unfortunately, my impression of Debbie Reynolds singing "Good morning, good morning" elicited no more than the usual sleepy request for "five more minutes" from Phoebe and an unusually intense scowl from Emily. Never mind, though, because I have high hopes for Ethel Merman's "I got the sun in the morning" and if all else fails, I always have Howard Keel's "Oh what a beautiful morning" to fall back on.

2 Comments:

Blogger CaliforniaKat said...

It's not a showtune, but may I also contribute Stevie Wonder's "You are the sunshine of my life"?

And who doesn't like "Oklahoma!"

4:28 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure I could bear to hear myself massacre such a great song. Though if we're looking beyond showtunes I might consider ordering the girls to "get up, stand up and strut [their] funky stuff"

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home